1. The club shall be called Portishead Camera Club and membership shall be open to all interested in photography, subject to approval by the committee. Young people under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
2. Each member shall receive a copy of the Club Rules, and membership implies the undertaking to comply and abide with them.
3. The annual subscription shall be decided by the committee prior to the commencement of the forthcoming season, for ratification at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and be payable within six weeks of the commencement of the season.
4. The Officers shall consist of a Chairman, Vice Chairman, Hon. Secretary, Competition Secretary, Programme Secretary and Hon. Treasurer, to be elected at the AGM.
5. The affairs of the club shall be managed by a committee consisting of the six Officers and five ordinary members all to be selected annually.
6. All Officers and Committee members are eligible for re-election each year. The chairman of the club shall serve for a maximum of three years.
7. Special meetings may be convened on a requisition by six ordinary members, stating the subject and sent to the Hon. Secretary at least fourteen days before the date proposed. No business other than that for which the meeting was called may be transacted at any Special meeting.
8. At Committee Meetings, four members shall form a quorum and at General and Special meetings six members shall form a quorum.
9. The Hon. Secretary shall keep minutes of all the meetings and conduct the correspondence of the club. The Treasurer shall collect all subscriptions and monies due after authorization by the Committee. At the close of each club year a balance sheet shall be drawn up by the Treasurer and inspected by one ordinary member appointed for this purpose at the AGM.
10. Should the appropriate subscription not be paid by 31st December, the member shall be considered to have resigned from the club.
11. In the event a member has resigned from the club or does not re-join in September of the following year, then their personal details will be removed from the club records after a period of three months. During that time they may receive emails communicating club announcements and information.
12. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be held in the month of May each year.
13. A member not in arrears of subscriptions may resign at any time by notifying the Hon. Secretary of their desire to do so.
14. In the event of the winding up of the club any assets remaining shall be handed to a suitable charitable cause.
15. No alterations of, or additions to these rules shall be made except by the Annual General Meeting or a Special Meeting called in accordance with rule 7.
Members are reminded to visit the club website for club information, programme details and photo gallery.
Portishead Camera Club
Also visit the Western Counties Photographic Federation (WCPF) website for valuable information.
Western Counties Photographic Federation
Click here to download or print the Club Rules